Policy and Procedure on Service Standards for the disabled
As part of our compliance duties regarding the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and as a common courtesy to all persons with disabilities, Hamblet's Roofing Siding Windows & Doors has initiated the following policy and procedures within our organization to help service everyone on an equal basis.
Accessible customer service is about understanding that people with disabilities may have different needs. To provide accessible customer service we need to consider a person’s disability when communicating with them. We must provide assistance by: a) Allowing assistive devices in our workplace like wheelchairs, walkers and oxygen tanks b) Allowing service animals c) Welcome support persons d) Let customers know when accessible services aren’t available and invite customers to provide feedback. All Hamblet’s Roofing & Siding Inc. staff will be trained in Accessible Customer Service both retroactively and during orientation for all new employees. These policy and procedures will be made readily available to staff and public in various formats.
As part of Hamblet's Roofing Accessibility Standards for providing goods and services to disabled persons the following policies are in effect:
- All Hamblet's Roofing Siding Windows & Doors employees will use reasonable efforts to ensure that these policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the core principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity.
- Hamblet's Roofing Siding Windows & Doors will allow people to use their own personal assistive devices to access our goods and use our services and to enable them to access our goods and use our services.
- All Hamblet's Roofing Siding Windows & Doors employees will communicate with a person with a disability in a manner that takes into account his or her disability.
- Hamblet's Roofing Siding Windows & Doors will allow people with disabilities to be accompanied by their guide dog or service animal in those areas of the premises you own or operate that are open to the public, unless the animal is excluded by another law. If a service animal is excluded by law, use other measures to provide services to the person with a disability.
- Hamblet's Roofing Siding Windows & Doors will permit people with disabilities who use a support person to bring that person with them while accessing goods or services in premises open to the public or third parties. Guide to the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07 9
- Where admission fees are charged, Hamblet's Roofing Siding Windows & Doors will provide notice ahead of time on what admission, if any, would be charged for a support person of a person with a disability.
- Hamblet's Roofing Siding Windows & Doors will provide notice when facilities or services that people with disabilities rely on to access or use our goods or services are temporarily disrupted.
- Hamblet's Roofing Siding Windows & Doors will train staff, volunteers, contractors and any other people who interact with the public or other third parties on our behalf on a number of topics as outlined in the customer service standard.
- Hamblet's Roofing Siding Windows & Doors will train staff, volunteers, contractors and any other people who are involved in developing our policies, practices and procedures on the provision of goods or services on a number of topics as outlined in the customer service standard.
- Feedback on how you provide goods or services to people with disabilities will be collected from varied sources (web, written, verbal) and Hamblet's Roofing Siding Windows & Doors will respond to any feedback and take action on any complaints in a prompt and efficient fashion. Hamblet's Roofing Siding Windows & Doors will make the information about our feedback process readily available to the public through signage, web, & oral communication.
- Hamblet's Roofing Siding Windows & Doors will document in writing all our policies, practices and procedures for providing accessible customer service and meet other document requirements set out in the standard. These policies and procedures to be updated as needed and reviewed by the JHSC on an annual basis.
- Hamblet's Roofing Siding Windows & Doors will notify customers that documents required under the customer service standard are available upon request.
- Hamblet's Roofing Siding Windows & Doors will, when giving documents required under the customer service standard to a person with a disability, provide the information in a format that takes into account the person’s disability.
Components of Accessibility Standards Policy and Procedures shall be communicated to both staff and public in various mediums including but not limited to; workplace specific training, Health & Safety Bulletin Board, hard copy (available in large print), website (large print and audio options), manuals/booklets, and signage. Methods for both employee and public feedback shall be placed in conspicuous locations and available in several formats. All feedback shall be reviewed with a focus toward improving existing policy and procedures and implemented in a timely fashion.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Management shall support efforts in identifying and addressing any and all such requirements as deemed necessary to provide an Accessibility Ontario compliant workplace and assist in workplace promotion and employee awareness. Management shall further review and evaluate JHSC recommendations regarding AODA and review all Accessibility Standards for Customer Service policy and procedures on an annual basis.
Supervisors shall assist management in promotion and awareness of any and all AODA standards including any required training of employees under their supervision. They shall provide adequate feedback to JHSC and assist in implantation of any required policy and procedures regarding accessibility standards for customer service.
Employees shall strive to follow all appropriate policies and procedures regarding accessibility and report to manager and/or supervisor any feedback or deficiencies that arise.
Visitors & Sub-contractors shall endeavor to comply with all Hamblet's Roofing Siding Windows & Doors policies and procedures regarding Accessibility Standards. Visitors shall be informed of any disabled/handicap employees requirements on a need only basis. All sub-contractors shall receive and agree to Hamblet’s policies and procedures regarding Accessibility Standards as part of their standard Health & Safety package (all current sub-contractors to receive a copy in the way of addendum).
All employees of Hamblet’s Roofing & Siding Inc. must be trained in Accessibility Standard for Customer Service. This training will occur retroactively for all Hamblet's Roofing Siding Windows & Doors employees, reviewed with all visitors and sub-contractors and incorporated into existing orientation training for new employees.
This procedure will be subject to verification of knowledge on training components. This procedure will also be reviewed on an annual basis or if an investigation identifies that revision is required.
Ontario Regulation 429/07 – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Full Training Booklet and a copy of Hamblet’s Policy and Procedures regarding AODA available upon request. Any feedback , questions or concerns may be emailed to: email@example.com with the subject AODA, or call/visit our offices.